Chapter 4 - The Longing for Love

 As I watch her from afar, I realize that her blissful ignorance is just a facade. Behind that smile and the pages of the book, lies a longing for love, for me. She has given up everything, her job, her dreams, just to have a chance at holding me in her arms.


But I am just a hope, a promise that may never be fulfilled. And yet, she holds on to me with all her might, like a drowning person clutching at a lifebuoy. I wish I could tell her that it's okay to let go, to move on, to find happiness in other things. But how can I? I am her child, the one she never had, and I am everything to her.


I see her smiling at a passerby, waving at a neighbor, chatting with the postman. She has this uncanny ability to spread joy wherever she goes. And yet, she is so alone, so desperate for love. It's like a paradox, a contradiction that she can't resolve.


I wish I could be there for her, to give her the love and comfort that she deserves. But I can't. I am just a figment of her imagination, a dream that may never come true. And yet, she holds on, like a soldier holding on to his gun, like a sailor holding on to his compass.


I wonder how long she can go on like this, how long she can sustain this hope, this longing for love. Will she ever find happiness, or will she be doomed to a lifetime of loneliness and despair? Only time will tell, and I can only watch, as the days turn into weeks, and the weeks turn into months.


But one thing is certain. She will never give up on me, on her dream of motherhood, on her longing for love. And I will always be there, in her heart and in her mind, a constant reminder of what could have been, what should have been, what may never be.

Comments

Popular Posts